Monday, June 1, 2009

Referral Day!

 

 

 

 

 

It's hard to believe that it's been over a week already since our referral day. It was such an exciting day! We had quite a little crowd of people here to meet the Fed Ex truck. Ann, our Fed Ex delivery gal, was a little taken back at first, but she got very excited when she realized what she was delivering. I was very much relieved to open the package and see that all of the information we had been given the night before about Xiu Gang was correct. Doug and I had agreed that I would open the package right away and not wait until he got home from work. That way, if there was any confusion or conflicting information, we would still have time to call our agency in St. Louis before they closed. Her referral photos were so sweet. We can hardly peel our eyes away from them.

Doug had asked me to email him her pictures right away. We were having technical difficulties getting that done, so Terri and I ran over to Kinko's to get them scanned. Doug got home from work just before we got back. It was all a little caotic and unplanned, but oh well.

That evening we went to a Colin Hay concert. I'm not sure what most people do after they receive their referral, but we had already bought tickets to the show and we knew our good friends would be there, so we decided to go ahead and go. It was actually kind of nice because the drive to the concert was about 40 minutes and it gave Doug and I some alone time to talk about our baby girl. I brought her pictures with us (I couldn't leave her home alone)....it was hard to believe we were really looking at our daughter.
 
<

3 comments:

Leigh said...

I was there in "cyber-space":) -Stocking your blog every 5 seconds... What a happy day!

A Yi Norah said...

I miss every thing. I can't believe I had to leave and missed the FedEx truck! I about died when I got her pictured e-mailed to me and saw her in color. I was already in love but that picture melts your heart.

My crazy crazy life said...

Mary, from the moment I laid eyes no her, I loved her!!! She is precious and you have captured every moment. I can't wait for her to grow up and see how much you loved her before she was even here.