Monday, June 1, 2009

Referral celebration!

 
Sydney and Jaime on referral day!
 

 

I hopped out of bed Saturday morning, the day after we received our referral and immediately sent Xiu Gang's pictures over to Costco for printing. I ordered 4X6's, 5X7's, wallets, black and whites...you name it. I felt like I hadn't slept in days (probably because I hadn't), but I didn't care. The excitement of finally being done with "the wait" was fueling me. I was buzzing around the house, calling people, emailing people...all kinds of "nervous energy" type of things. Doug, on the other hand, went golfing. Men can be so calm during the most uncalm moments in life...it's impressive.

That evening we celebrated with our family. Cody threw together a nice little BBQ at our house. He also mixed up some mean Flirtinis. The girls showed up with tee shirts that had Xiu Gang's referral photo on it. I just about died when I saw that. It was pretty stinking cute.

Sunday, the girls and I (including Vienna) went to Baby's R Us and I bought a glider rocker for the baby's room. It's the first big item thing I have purchase for our sugarplum. It was great because they actually had the chair I wanted in stock, so I was able to bring it home that same day.

It fits so nicely in her room. I have a feeling her and I will spend many, many hours in this chair together.
 

Then finally, Monday night...when things seemed calm...Doug and I sat down together, went through the referral packet (again) and signed our Seeking Confirmation Letter, officially accepting the referral of our beautiful QIAN XIU GANG!

8 comments:

Cecilia Anderson said...

Love those t-shirts!! What a great party you had- or should I say days of partying. I wish we could be there to share the excitement!

And her room is beautiful. She'll be very happy in that glider with you!

Love, Cecilia

Leigh said...

The t-shirts are darling! I love them!!! Everyone is soooo ready for her to be here already! I had a blast at Colin Hay with you, even though we all cried through the last song. It was just such a perfect song for a perfect day...

Love You!

S.Wise said...

I love the shirts! What a fun group of people you have around you! Everyone seems so very supportive of you and your family!

I love the chair!! It looks great in her room!!

A Yi Norah said...

Sorry I didn't make you a shirt. We that it was going to be a surprise. I guess I wasn't thinking, still to excited. The chair looks great!

Terri said...

Her room is beautiful..so dreamy!

Kayce said...

OOO I just love her crib!! The chair is perfect! Love all your celebrating and joy! So awesome and about time!

Margaret said...

The T-shirts are great! Good idea Norah and Sarah! And the baby's room is beautiful, it looks very peaceful (for now at least . . .) This will be such a fun and exciting last few months before you bring her home. I'm thinking of you guys often-

Love, Margaret

My crazy crazy life said...

Those shirts are stinkin cute...Sydney says she wants one. I'll pass because when I put her head on my pachangas, she'll look deformed.

Mary that chair is darling. What color is it??? Her room is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see her playing in there...awwww, crap, I'm crying again. This has been so emotional.