Monday, June 15, 2009

Our cruise!

 

We just returned from our cruise. We had such a great time. The boys thought they had died and gone to heaven. They had so much fun. Jacob loved driving the boat that we rented and hanging out at the kids club on the ship and Benjamin was all about the "all you can eat ice cream" (go figure). I could go on and on, but I won't. I'll let the pictures do the talking. The one thing I will say (since it can't be pictured) is that our baby girl turned 9 months old on the third day of our cruise (June 10th). The day before that, we were on the island of Catalina. Amongst other things, the four of us hopped into a little "surf shop" and bought XiuGang a pink tank top that says "Catalina Island".

After we debarked the ship, we headed down to Oceanside to visit my brother, Chris, and spend some time with our very good friends, the Pachesky's at the beach. Sarah, Norah, my Dad, Taylor, Max, Lincoln, Axl and Vienna all met us there. It was a great way to end our trip!
First day on board!
 
"Mom let me order lobster!"
 
This is not Macaulay Culkin..I swear, it's Jacob enjoying the robes in our stateroom.
 
Benji, chill'in off the shores of Catalina Island.
 
Benjamin took this picture..AT BREAKFAST (thank god I had makeup on)
 
Driving the boat...with one hand!
 
Driving the boat with two hands....but still, scary!!
 
Jacob loves these glasses...ALOT!
 
Benjamin and Doug modeling Doug's new "canoe trip" hats!
 
Doug on the beach at Oceanside...it was a "fun" cruise..I guess he's tired...what else can I say?!
 
There's nothing funnier than "pre-teens" at the the beach! Oh wait...Taylor is already 13...OMG!
 
Beach buddies!
 
Norah, my Dad, Sarah, Chris and myself on the beach in Carlsbad. For the record..I wasn't prepared for pictures..seriously, I had been at the beach all day and hadn't showered..there was sunscreen in my HAIR!!! Whatever!

6 comments:

S.Wise said...

Welcome home! Those are great pictures!! It looks like you guys had a fabo time!! :) Can't wait to hear all!! I didn't realize your whole family went on the cruise! What a cool trip!

Terri said...

Mary -I want to go on a cruise. It looks like you had an amazing time! You and your sister always look beautiful! Welcome back.
Terri

Suz said...

Looks like an awesome adventure!! Welcome back!!!!

Leigh said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time!

You have such a good looking family:) All of you... your children, siblings, you and Doug! Wow!

BTW- Jocobs sunglasses are really cool!

Kayce said...

Looks like tons of fun was had!! I can't wait to see your little sugarplum in her Catalina shirt! Welcome home! Any TA news yet??

A Yi Norah said...

I am so happy your all went on the cruise and so jealous Taylor and I didn't! You look great in every picture. It was so fun being together at the beach (for the record: I didn't shower either, I had spent 24hr in a motor home with 8 people). You are right about those teen boys, they were so funny to watch.