Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finding Ad


We received Xiu Gang's "finding ad" in the mail today. When I opened the package, the first thing I pulled out was a copy of the newspaper that the ad had been placed in...."The Chongqing Legal System Daily". I flipped through the paper and found the page that had the babies ad's, I scanned the pictures and found Xiu Gang right away!!! It made me so happy to know that I was able to pull her face out of the crowd. There were 21 other photos of children on the page.

The ad was published on December 12, 2008, when she was only 3 months old. I can't say for sure how old she is in this photo, but my guess is that she is pretty close to 3 months. This is earliest photo of her we will probably ever have. It's precious to me.

Included in the package, as well, was a map of the Qianjiang District, an enlarged photo of her ad and a translated version of the information that was placed next to her photo.

I'm trying to keep a calm, patient heart, but it's getting harder and harder. I want to kiss her sweet cheeks so bad I could cry....I'm not going to let myself cry though because we are going to Costco to get some "passport" type pictures taken for our visa application (I don't want to have puffy eyes)!

Still no travel approval....I'm hoping we'll hear something about that by tomorrow.

7 comments:

S.Wise said...

Hey you! Her picture is precious and I know it makes you want to be with her even more! Hang in there... hopefully your TA will arrive today. My fingers and toes are crossed for you!!

A Yi Norah said...

It's been years and still I cry when I read your blog. I know how bad your heart wants to be with her right now. All I can say is that you are close. Soon, not soon enough, you will get to kiss those kiss!

Terri said...

Precious little darling.

Leigh said...

Ohhhh my goodness... I can hardly take it. She does have just the sweetest little face. Your heart must be aching... Hugs!

Suz said...

What an awesome gift for you guys and her to have someday! Hang in there!
Suz

Anonymous said...

Mary

She's just beautiful and I'm sure you went right to her picture drawn bu your mother's heart. Mom

Kayce said...

The finding ad is such a treasure. Glad you've got it. I hope ta arrives soon!!!