Sunday, September 11, 2011

THREE!!!

Yesterday, my baby turned three!!!! A milestone that has actually prompted me to take pause and reflect on all the blessings that have been bestowed upon this family. Life has been moving forward with such speed that there hardly seems to be a moment to just sit and soak it all in. We've been moving again and in doing so, I came across the file box I keep all of Kailahni's adoption paperwork in. Looking through it all reminded me of a time in my life that seems light years away...adoption blogs, rumor boards, paperwork, waiting, researching Kailahni's past, discovering her finding ad, reading book upon book about adoption/attachment, traveling to China, seeing her sweet face for the first time, being so connected to other families who were/are on the same path..their children...their journeys. I didn't realize how much I've been missing the connection to the world of international adoption and the people who make it up. I feel such a strong desire to reconnect, and it's my goal to find a way to fit that back in our life. It's important for Kailahni and it matters to me. I feel sad that this blog as been neglected...I know that it means something to other people to be able to see how Kailahni is growing and developing. It means something to me to be able to share it, so I hope to do better at that. My camera was broken a few months ago, so the only pictures I have to post right now are from my phone...not the greatest, but they'll have to do. I don't know when a new camera will fit into our budget, so bare with me.

In a nut shell here's where we are in life. I am basically working full time for the flooring company that Doug manages. I do a lot of work from home, but go to the office a couple times a week. The full time working mom thing as been a huge adjustment for me (hence the blog neglect). It's created quite a bit of upheaval in the workings of this household, but it's getting better. We decided to move to a smaller home closer to work just before the start of school. The move was complicated with the loss of my Grandmother who passed away the weekend we started moving. I was able to be with her in her final days and was able to attend her funeral and I'm grateful for that. However, our move was prolonged and drawn out as a result. Let me tell you...moving in Phoenix, in August...NOT FUN!! We are in our new house now and starting to settle in. I'm really hoping that the decision to simplify our home and location will really benefit us all.

Jacob is now 15 years old and a freshman in High School. He's doing great and has acclimated to yet another brand new school very well. We are so proud of him and the maturity he has shown in coping with all the changes he's faced. Benjamin will be turning 13 soon and is now in Middle School. He too is doing great. This is the first year my boys have attended school at two separate campuses. It's a bit of a juggle, but so far it's working out really well.

Little Miss is changing everyday. She is such a treasure in this household. She tolerated our move amazingly well. We just started her in preschool two days a week. She definitely experiences separation anxiety when we drop her off, but is so excited to tell us about her day when we return. Right now she is just going from 9 to 11:30, but when we feel she is ready, we will let her stay until 1. She acts every bit the part of a three year old. She's extremely talkative and bright. NOTHING gets past her....NOTHING! She loves art, cleaning, toe nail polish, princesses, Hello Kitty, cooking....such a girly girl. She can spot something pink a mile away...even in Home Depot. It's amazing. She lights up our world and we are so proud of what a strong, brave girl she is.

Sorry for the quality of these pictures, but a least it gives you a glimmer as to how our girl is changing and growing. I look forward to hearing from all of you and can't wait to touch base into your worlds as well. I love and miss you all!






9 comments:

Kayce said...

Awww Mary. It is so wonderful to hear from you and see your beautiful girls face! Three???? Where has the time gone! And hello, Jacob is 15 and Benjamin 13??????? I hope they both have a fantastic time in high school and middle school. It goes by way too quick.

I hear you 100% on simplifying your life. We have been slowly doing that here and last week we said goodbye to our sweet little trailer which just about broke my heart. A move is in our very near future and if I cried like a baby when my trailer drove away, I'm scared for what I'll be like when we leave this home. BUT it's only stuff I keep telling myself and I know what is ahead for us and that keeps me motivated and excited for a simpler future.

Many hugs to all of you!

Margaret said...

Yay Mary - it's great to see an update on you all and Kailahni's 3rd birthday! Of course, since I've seen you TWICE in the past 5 months I feel like I haven't been totally out of the loop. Hope you all settle in nicely to your new place - post more pics of the house when you can!

Love, Margaret
PS - Thanks for your inspiration . . . I registered for the Seaside Half Marathon - Mar 4, 2012 - gives me plenty of time to get ready!!

S.Wise said...

Hey there friend!!!!!! It seems like ages! Wait, it has been. :) I just love seeing the new pictures of Kailahni.... she is growing so quickly and I know so much has changed for you all. I'm glad the move is done with. I've been thinking about you a lot the past couple of days. I'll take one post every so often... I am the same way. It's just so great to see your little Miss. I look forward to catching up with you soon and hearing all about your August moving adventures. :) Love you. Steph

Suz said...

When did she seriously become a big 3 year old? And you have a freshman? Oh my! Can't wait to see you guys and catch up, it's been too long! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely, and it's almost difficult to even remember how hard it was...

I love the Cinderella dress! We should definitely have the girls meet soon-

Harald

AJ said...

Wow look at that hair! I remember how you were to envious of Mikaylas hair and look K's hair is growing so long and I can see still coming in as Mikayla's still is. Great to see your update and seeing how big she is getting. I agree there does need to be some kind of reunion. We did do one last year after the CHI reunion in STL, MO at Stacy's not sure why you were not there...would have been great to see you there, we all ate and partied at Stacy's followed by the Zoo the next day. Keep those pics coming as you know I try to. Keep in touch one of these days we will get together. Blessings to you all in your new home.

Anonymous said...

Miss you!
terri

Cecilia Anderson said...

Yay, more Kailahni pictures! I'm so glad I got to meet her in May- she is such a cutie. I wish we could get her and Ingrid together. It would be a pink explosion.

I'm glad your move is settling down and glad to hear the boys like their new school. I hope you feel more relaxed soon- or at least sometime in the next 15 years or so!

Love you,
Cecilia

Mardi said...

I am feeling the need to get back to the "circle" as well. It has been too long...It's good to read your post and see pictures of little miss Kai! I will try to put a group playdate together very soon. Love you my friend...